Saturday, January 31, 2009

Its been a day

Well I have had to put a hold on ordering the chicks and trees. I have to many questions I need answered first and no one is answering the phones Until Monday. So I have a serious to do list for Monday.

1. Call the Tax Collector find out how much money he needs for the taxes

2 write checks for the taxes, house payment and car payment

3. Mail Checks

4. Call the hatchery and find out if the post office will actually deliver my chicks to my door or if I have to pick them up at the post office. I can't exactly leave this place anytime I want. I don't drive and hubby works 12 hours a day 5 days a week with another 6 hours on Saturday. His job is a 30 mile drive from here because that's the price you pay if you live in the mountains of Arkansas. Our entire county only has about half the population of Conway Arkansas. Though that's great for having space to homestead and not having nosy neighbors it sucks if you need to pick anything up in a set time frame.

5. If the chicks do come directly to the house then I need to order the chicks

6. Call the Nursery to find out how many years it will take for the trees to start producing based upon the youngest two order options

7. Order Trees

8. Call the County Clerks office find out if we are going to have to have a building permit to build the coop. If so start evaluating the already built storage building for slight modifications so that it can be used as a coop.

9. Call my Aunt and discuss birds and free range raising with her and her husband. If anyone knows what I need to do to keep the birds safe yet have healthy birds out here it will be Larry.

I'm glad this can wait till Monday. Mom and My sister are coming out tomorrow, plus its the super bowl and we promised the kids they could go to town now that its warmed up. To many things to do all at one time.

The good news is that my sink is half fixed and we managed to find a tiller. So we might be off to a slow start but we are off to a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment