Friday, March 27, 2009

Bees

I want honey bees but Arkansas has some strange laws regarding them that even the regulators say are outdated. The last time they were updated was in the 70's. The main problem is finding where to get bees. I found plans for hives. Bear could build those easy enough. Then all we have to do is get the protective gear and the bees themselves.

Problem is that I have to have written permission from the land owner. The name on the deed for the land is my father. He died over a year ago. We don't actually have to file the paperwork to have the land put in our name. As long as the taxes are paid no one can come in and take it from us. But, with the land deeded still to Daddy it could cause problems. I don't know.

I put in an email to the head of the Arkansas Beekeepers Association. Hopefully I will hear from him soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment