Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ready for tomorrow

Well all the wholes for planting the trees have been dug. Bear is stopping by Home Depot to pick up agricultural lime on his way home. Ive decided instead of growing potatoes in the garden I'm going to use a different trick. You cut up your seed potatoes coat them lightly in agricultural lime then "plant" them in a trash bag of leaves. You don't fill it up all the way you just put in enough leaves to cover the pieces and roll the bag down. Then as the sprouts come up you unroll the bag and cover the sprouts with more leaves until they flower. Then you can either pick the new potato's then or you can wait till the flowers die off and then pick the full developed potato's.

Its going to save a lot of room in the garden and its something I can pretty much do all year round. I also have to plant the onion bulbs tomorrow. Should be a lot of fun.

Interestingly enough along with all this planting, I'm going to have to make a trip into our tax ladies office tomorrow to pick up another check. We already got all the money we knew was coming to us from the government but apparently they didn't pay us enough with last years stimulus or something so we are getting more money. Kinda Strange but I'm not going to turn my nose up at money. I don't know how much it is. Just that we need to come pick it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment