Monday, February 23, 2009

The next week

The chicks will come in at the end of the week. We almost have the brooder boxes ready. I'm going to spend today and tonight figuring out exactly what its going to take to keep the boxes warm enough for the chicks.

The Strawberry plants are doing pretty well. I remembered somewhere in the back of my mind, my fathers oldest sister going out to uncover my grandparents strawberry plants. To be honest until that point in my life, I didn't know they had strawberry plants and I don't think anyone ever picked any strawberries off of them. But, every spring they would have to be uncovered from the layer of pine needles and leaves. I thought maybe the leaves and pine needles were as much to protect the plants from frost as anything, so I covered mine with leaves before this last big frost and they are doing pretty well.

The lettuce and peas took longer to start germinating than I expected them too, but this cold snap seems to have brought out the best in them and I'm beginning to see little shoots coming out of the ground.

Friday, i have to plant the Broccoli, Dill and and cabbage in the house, so they are ready for transplant when its time to plant outside.

The dogs still aren't getting along with each other. I don't know what I'm going to do there. The trainer I contacted still hasn't returned my email. So who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment