Friday, April 3, 2009

Busy day

Well Ive finally gotten back to my Spring cleaning. I spent most of the day working on the dining room floor. Its carpet. Heck the whole house outside of the kitchen and laundry room is covered in carpet. Including the bathroom. I want to change that but, it takes time. So instead I spent the day scrubbing the 15 year old carpet.

I got the idea from How clean is your house. A bucket of hot water, vinager, detergent and a few drops of tea tree oil. It works amazingly well. It takes time to scrub everything but, I made more progress in an hour than Ive made with multiple uses of a rug doctor. You just get a scrub brush and some sham wows, get on your hands and knees and start scrubbing. After about 15 minutes of scrubbing, you pour clean water onto the scrubbed area, grab your sham wow and soak up the water. Ring out the sham wow and do what they do on the commercial, put it back down on the floor and hit it with your hand to pull the water out from under the carpet and repeat until the whole thing is clean. Once I finish Ill put up before and after pictures.

Neva made a burrow for the rabbits out of straw today. it keeps collapsing in because one of them will come out and climb on top of it, but for the most part they have been sleeping in there and enjoying it completely. No more problems with escaping rabbits.

No comments:

Post a Comment