Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Well its finally happening

Falcon Jet closed two of its four plants in the US and they have pulled a lot of their subcontracts as well. Including most of what CAC did for them. We most likely are not getting the contract with the company out of St. Louis. So.... They let go of ten percent of their work force today. Lucky Hubby wasn't one of them, but you never know whats going to happen. Hes taking two days of his vacation. If he had been thinking he would have told the office that he would take Thursday as a vacation day and just take Friday off. Thursday will put him into overtime. But, he wasn't thinking. By the time he did think about it, it was too late to make the changes. So hopefully when he goes back to work on Monday, he will still have a job.

If not then I don't know what we are going to do but we will do something I'm sure. What we won't do is go crawling back to his old boss again. There is no way we can go back there again. For our own sanity we have to find something else.

On the Gardening front....... My lettuce looks like its finally getting close to being ready to pick. Another week or two and it should be good to go. The strawberries are putting out little berries, my peas are flowering and the corn is coming up. I planted several sunflower plants but so far only one of them has made an appearance that I can tell. I planted some tomato plants directly into the ground along with purple hull peas. They haven't made an appearance yet either, but hopefully they will soon. It won't matter much if the tomato's don't. I broke down and ordered the tomato trees. They may not work as well as I am hoping them will, but it was worth a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment