Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Busy Month

For some reason April always seems to be my busiest month. I never did get my sisters socks done. Lets be honest, I never even got started on them really and her birthday is Friday. Bear leaves to go pick up Luci Thursday. Hes flying up there Thursday afternoon and driving back Friday and Saturday. He says he will be here before we wake up Saturday morning, but with Luci's legs the way they are some how I doubt that. I expect to see them Saturday afternoon sometime.

I have a lot of stuff to do before Luci gets here and I'm not going to have the time to do it. Ive gotten a lot done, Everything has been cleaned and re-cleaned. I'm still trying to catch up on laundry, have to get the boys room clean, my room clean, the laundry room clean and some how figure out how to clean these nasty carpets without the rug shampooer. Bear and I forgot to get it, I spent too much money on puppy supplies and now I don't really have the money for the shampooer. So somewhere in all of this work I still have to do.... I have to figure out how to take care of everything while hes gone and scrub carpets by hand at the same time. For joy... for joy.

Puppy supplies... Gods what was I thinking. Bear has seemed sad here lately. With buddy gone I thought it would be nice to get him a friend to play with. So we got a mix between a chocolate lab and a Rottweiler puppy. This dog is going to be huge. Its mother alone was built like a house. I didn't get to see its father. But, Chocolate labs aren't exactly small dogs. So now I'm dealing with Bear trying to establish hes the alpha male. Wolf is the biggest of his litter of 12 so hes always felt like the alpha of his siblings. Its not exactly been pretty. But, its not been bad either. I'm making them both sleep outside. But, we got Wolf his own crate last night so now they can both sleep in their own crates. I have tie outs for them that will work till they get too big for your average tie out.

The thing is, if by some fluke chance we do get the 50 acres for sale down the road from us, and I can train Bear and Wolf to protect, herd, and simply do your basic obedience tricks..... Having these two will prove to be the best Idea I ever had. But, they are going to both have to learn to behave better first. I have to teach Wolf from scratch. Bear, well Bear I just need him to start listening better.

Brittney had her first real day of work at the country club with my sister Easter Sunday. She loved it. Shes applying to work at the pool side grill for the summer. She will most likely get the job. The people who will be interviewing her love her and at least one of the members said something nice about her. My baby is growing up. If she gets this job, she will be spending the summer with my mother and sister. It could be worse I suppose. It also gives her some experience so that if she decides to go to work for Ashley, she will have at least a little experience under her.

No comments:

Post a Comment